INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As further described below, when you use or otherwise access the Services, we collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, and when we passively collect information from your browser or device (e.g., by logging how you interact with our Services).
- Information That You Provide Directly to Us:
- Registration information: When you register for our Services or open an account, we collect your contact and login details, your postal code/zip code, your City, country and any information you choose to provide us (such as a profile picture). If you are a charity or nonprofit organization and established as such under the applicable laws of incorporation (“Charity”) and you establish an account with the GoForFund Platform, we will collect the name, tax ID, tax number, physical address, email address, birthday and phone number of the person who establishes a Charity Activity account and claims your Charity Activity (the “Charity Contact”) and any other information that is provided to us by the charity organization or third party. We also may collect, if the Charity Contact chooses to provide it, the Charity Contact’s sex, or any photos uploaded to the Site. You can edit your information by logging into your account and making changes at any time.
- Start of a fundraising campaign: When you start a campaign on GoForFund Platform , we collect the information you choose to provide us in relation to your campaign. For example, you can provide a campaign title, choose a campaign category, upload images and describe your campaign goal(s). Our payment processors collect and maintain information related to your withdrawal of funds from any campaign.
- Donation information: On the GoForFund Platform, when you donate to a fundraising campaign, we collect your contact details (such as name and email address), postal code/zip code, country, and any information you choose to provide us (such as a description of why you have donated). If you make a donation on the GoForFund Platform, in addition to the above, we will also collect your address. Our payment processors collect your credit card details and other information necessary to process the donation.
- Communications: You can post comments, leave feedback, send thank-you notes or otherwise communicate with other users through our Platform. Any content, including such comments, feedback, and notes are you choose to post through our Platform are available to the public by default. You may also contact us via a contact form, email, or by other means (for example, with questions about our Services, for customer support, or to let us know your ideas for new products or modifications to existing products). When you do so, we collect the information you choose to provide us, such as your contact details, any images you choose to upload and the contents and nature of your message. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information for both us and other users to use and share. Please be considerate and respectful of others while using the community to share your opinions. We reserve the right, but do not have the obligation, to review and monitor such posting or any other content on our Services, and to remove postings or content that may be viewed as inappropriate or offensive to others.
- Information relating to third parties: You can choose to provide us with information relating to third parties. For example, if you choose to share your campaign on the Platform with family and friends, we request access to information stored in your email and mobile device address books, such as names, email addresses, or phone numbers of your contacts (collectively, “Third-Party Data”). If you use any feature of the Services that allows you to communicate with third parties (such as to refer a third party to the Services or to communicate with them regarding a campaign or a donation), either by submitting Third-Party Data to the Services or otherwise permitting the Services to automatically access Third-Party Data in your possession, you acknowledge and agree that you have the authority of the relevant third party for us to access and use the relevant Third-Party Data and that you have notified these third parties and informed them how their information is collected and used by GoForFund to provide the Services. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in any messages that are sent to them. We use Third-Party Data to (1) contact such third party using the Third-Party Data provided, and/or (2) provide you with an editable template message designed to facilitate communication between you and such third party through the Services. In addition to sending the foregoing communications, we may also send reminders or related messages to you and to third parties on your behalf from time to time where permitted by applicable law. In each case, any such communications sent to third parties using Third-Party Data will provide a means to “opt out” of receiving further communication of the same nature.
- Sensitive information: You can also provide us with information about yourself or third parties that is considered sensitive, health information…etc. When you provide such information to us directly, we may seek your consent, where appropriate, to process this information, unless you choose to provide such information to be published publicly in relation to your campaign or otherwise. While you are under no obligation to provide us with such information, should you choose to withhold such information, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the Services.
- Other Information If you register for an event, we collect your information for the purposes of the event.
- Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected:
- Device & Usage Information: When you interact with GoForFund through the Services, we automatically receive and store certain information from devices that you use to access the Services. This information is collected passively by using various technologies, and includes the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Services, your operating system, and location data through an IP address that identifies the city and state where you logged into the Platform or your precise geo-location if you have permitted your mobile device to provide that information to us. GoForFund either stores such information itself or such information is included in databases owned and maintained by GoForFund, or its agents or service providers.
- Aggregated Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand the use of our Services and serve you, GoForFund often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on information we collect. We can de-identify and aggregate the information collected through the Services for research purposes or any other purposes, and we can share this information with our affiliates, agents, business partners, or other third parties (e.g., Google Analytics).
- Location Information: When you use the Services to organize a fundraising campaign, the Services request that you provide your city or town or province of residence. Please keep in mind that other users of the Services can view your city or town and state or province of residence in connection with the campaign, if it is made available within GoForFund Public Search Directory.
- Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies:
- Analytics We use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics, to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, and provide certain features to you. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. This information can be used to place interest-based advertisements on the Platform. This may result in you seeing advertisements for our Platform when you visit other websites. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics
- Your Cookie preferences Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers or mobile. Please note that by blocking any or all Cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
GoForFund uses the information collected from the Services in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. We use the information that you provide (or otherwise permit the Services to access) for the following purposes:
- Communicating with You We use the information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes (e.g., to provide services and information that you request or to respond to comments and questions). For instance, if you contact us by email, we will use the information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem. We also use the information we collect to send you communications relating to the Services, such as updates on promotions and events, communications relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties, and communications about services we believe will be of interest to you. For example, we can send periodic emails to registered users of the Services relating to their recent interactions with the Services, such as donating to a campaign. Mobile Services:If you access the Services through a mobile device and if you have chosen to provide us with your mobile number, or other electronic means to your mobile device, you agree that we can communicate with you regarding GoForFund by SMS, MMS, text message. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your GoForFund account information to ensure that your messages are not misdirected. Please note that your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply where you access the Services through a mobile device. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Services on a mobile device may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Services may work with all carriers or devices.
- Providing the Services We use the information we collect to operate, maintain, and provide our Services such as enabling access to the Platform, customer support or to complete transactions. And, as part of the GoForFund Service unique to GoForFund Platform, we also may provide (i) a report to campaign or event organizers that tells them who responded to a particular offer or to facilitate the fulfillment of an order that you have made; or (ii) our gift registry partners with all the necessary data to accurately update their gift registries, including data related to the establishment of a donation registry and the applicable charities, campaigns on the GoForFund Platform that established the campaign registry.
- Analytics and Product Development We use the information we collect to analyze data usage trends and preferences in order to improve the accuracy, effectiveness, security, usability or popularity of our Services. If you are located in Europe, we process information as listed under A, B and C as necessary (i) to fulfill our obligations under our contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, or (ii) for our legitimate interest, such as, to maintain our relationship with you or to protect you and us against fraud.
- Customization We use the information we collect, such as device identifiers, to learn how users interact with our Services in order to personalize the content of our Services, such as customizing the language and campaigns on our homepage based on your location. If you are located in Europe, we process information as listed under D as necessary for our legitimate interest.
- Legal We use information we collect to defend our legal rights, comply with state, local, federal or international laws, and enforce our Terms of Service and this Policy. If you are located in Europe, we process information as listed under E (i) to fulfill our obligations under our contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; (ii) for our legitimate interest to maintain our relationship with you, (iii) to protect our business or protect you and us against fraud; or (iv) to comply with legal obligations.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE SERVICES
There are certain circumstances in which we share information collected through the Services with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, similar event, or steps taken in anticipation of such events (e.g., due diligence in a transaction), user information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries: We share your personal information among the GoForFund entities, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, in order to provide our Services including: hosting, marketing and publicising campaigns; providing you with customer support; administering funds in connection with campaigns, sweepstakes, challenges or games; authenticating donors; sending you communications; and conducting the other activities described in this Policy.
- Agents, Consultants, Vendors and Related Third Parties: GoForFund sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions on GoForFund behalf, and we provide access to or share your information with these companies so they can perform services for us. Examples of such functions include marketing, mailing information, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, legal services, and maintaining databases. Therefore, will collect, process and store your information on behalf of GoForFund. We limit the personal information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Legal Requirements: GoForFund can access, disclose, transfer and preserve your information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: (i) comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; and respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement, public authorities, or content protection organizations; (ii) protect and defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of GoForFund, its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, contractors, or its users; (iii) permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages we may sustain; or (iv) enforce this Policy or any applicable Terms of Service.
- Campaign Organizers and beneficiaries of campaigns: We share your information with campaign organizers and, if not the same, the beneficiaries of the campaign. For example, if you donate to a fundraising campaign, we share your name, email address and other information you’ve provided in connection with your donation with the campaign organizer or beneficiary, who may contact you. For example, if an individual starts a campaign for a Charity and you donate to that campaign, then if the information is requested, (i) the Charity can receive information about both the campaign organizer, if not the same, and donors, and (ii) campaign organizer can receive donor information. In addition, if the beneficiary of a GoForFund Platform fundraiser is a Charity with a Charity Contact account on the GFM Charity Platform, Charity will have access to all donor information, regardless of the platform on which donors made the donations. On the GFM Charity Platform, the information is accessible to the Charity through the GoForFund Platform records center. In the same scenario, beneficiary may communicate with you about your donation and/or may rely on your information in order to comply with its legal and auditing requirements.
- Your consent We may share your information in the event that you consent to the sharing of your information. For example, we may partner with third party organizations to arrange for specific campaigns. If you consent to our delivering your contact information to a specific partner, we share, with the partner organization, your name, email address and other information you’ve provided in connection with your donation to the specific campaign. On the GoForFund Platform, if you enter a sweepstakes or register for an event, we will share your information with the people who are running the sweepstakes or conducting the event.
- Aggregate and/or De-Identified Information We aggregate and/or de-identify your information so that the information no longer relates to you individually. We may use and disclose aggregate and de-identified data for any lawful purpose.
- Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies Information is shared as stated in the Section entitled “Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies”.
- Other Users of Our Services We provide your information to other users of our Services if you choose to make your information publicly available in a publicly accessible area of the Services, such as in your campaign or in the comments.
Please be advised that some information you provide may be publicly accessible, such as information posted in forums or comment sections. We also collect information through customer support communications, your communication to us of ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, feedback and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, with publicly-accessible information, “Unsolicited Information”). By sending us Unsolicited Information, you further (a) agree that we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Unsolicited Information, (b) acknowledge that we may have something similar to the Unsolicited Information already under consideration or in development, (c) grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, distribute and sublicense the Unsolicited Information, and (d) irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against GoForFund and its users any claims and assertions of any moral rights contained in such Unsolicited Information. This Unsolicited Information section shall survive any termination of your account or the Services.
Our Services are not designed for use by individuals under the age of 13(or 16 for children located in Europe) or 18 in some countries. If you are under the age of 13(or 16 for children located in Europe) or under 18 by countries stating that, please do not use the Services and/or submit any information through the Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13(or 16 for children located in Europe) has provided personal information to GoForFund through the Services, please contact us, and we will delete that information from our databases to the extent required by law.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
This Policy applies only to the Services. The Services can contain links to other web sites not operated or controlled by GoForFund (the “Third-Party Sites”). The policies and procedures we described here do not apply to the Third-Party Sites. The links from the Services do not imply that GoForFund endorses or has reviewed the Third-Party Sites. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their respective privacy policies.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will only retain the information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that information was collected and to the extent permitted or required by applicable laws. When we no longer need to use your information, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take step to anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it in accordance with our internal document retention policies.
When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our products or services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You can access and correct certain information about you by visiting the “Account Settings” portion of our Platform. You can control whether certain information you post to the Services is publicly available to others by adjusting the settings in your account. You can also request in writing copies of personal information about you held by us. If that information is inaccurate, please let us know and we will endeavor to make the necessary amendments, erase, or block the relevant information as you request. For more information on your rights if you are in Europe, please see the “Users in Europe” section below.
GoForFund reserves the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time. We will notify you of any updates or changes we make to this Policy. If you disagree with our revisions to the Policy, you can deactivate your account or discontinue the use of our Services. Please review this Policy periodically for any updates or changes to this Policy.
If you are in Europe, you will not be required to agree to any changes to this Policy, but you do acknowledge that you have read and understood its terms.
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about GoForFund’s Policy or the information practices of the Services.
You can contact us as follows:
514 Churchill Tower, Buiness Bay, Dubai, UAE
For the GoForFund Platform, please contact us.